We provide Barge and Lighter services through out Bangladesh and internationally as per clients requirements.
Barges are used to transport cargo from one area to another through a waterway. They need to be tugged or towed along the river, lake or canal, and they are flat-bottomed to hold more cargo. There are many benefits of barge transportation, which makes it a vital resource for your logistics needs. If you’re interested in barge transportation, check out the types of barges that are available.
- Barracks Barge: A barracks barge is also known as a houseboat. Houseboats are very common in places like Cambodia, North India (Kashmir), Laos, Australia and Canada. As the name suggests, these types of barges are mainly used for residential purposes and look very eye-catching while they float as stationary objects in rivers and lakes.
- Dry Bulk Cargo Barges: These types of barges, as their name suggests, are used to haul and ferry dry cargo. When the aspect of dry cargo is considered, it includes food grains, sand, minerals like steel and coal and other dry commodities that can be transferred through the system of barges.
- Barges Carrying Liquid Cargo: These types of barges are completely opposite to the dry bulk cargo barges. These barges are very useful in carrying petrochemicals and fertilizers that are used mainly in the liquid state, and other necessary important industrial liquid chemicals.
- Car-float Barges: This type of marine barge was mainly used during the early 20th century to ferry rail carts. In simple terms, it can be said that these rail-carts attached to the barges were like portable rail-sets ferried from one location to another. In today’s times, car-float barges, still function in some parts of the United States of America.
- Split Hopper Barge: This unique barge is used for carrying dredged material as they are fitted with proper unloading tools. The split hopper barge is extensively used in marine construction purpose as it can unload the material (Soil, sand, dredged material, etc.) at the site. The barge can be self-propelled type fitted with a hydraulic motor and cylinder unit to split open the hull. It has hydraulically operated split open hull to carry loading and unloading of construction material.
- Other Barges: Apart from the above-mentioned types of barges, there exist some other types of barges such as power barges and royal barges.
Power barge these are moreover a moveable power plant.
- Royal Barges These are occasional barges and serve a platform for the celebration of royal functions. These are still operational in nations like the United Kingdom, where the monarchy is still prevalent.